- Argentina’s expected default will be recovered from the pockets of Citigroup and JP Morgan, the CDS writers.
- If the U.S. court’s ruling is fully enacted upon by the Argentinean government, a series of default will begin.
- Citigroup failed the stress test of Fed; a red flag for the current and prospective shareholders.
- Flawed mortgage securities issued in the past continue to teach a lesson to the big banks like Citigroup, Bank of America etc.
- Risk management continues to be a serious issue for the group and requires urgent attention.
The epitome of a global bank, Citigroup Inc. (C), seems to be in a lot of trouble these days as it continues to get hit from every end. Although the bank is consistently working on ameliorating the efficiency of its core operations, the decisions made six to eight years ago continue to haunt the group with the ceaseless repercussions.